Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Breast Rash Broken Capilaries

Draft Curtain


some months now, has begun the adventure of Draft Curtain with Fondazione Pergolesi Spontini of Jesi. Many wonderful theaters are owned by the Foundation in one of the most picturesque corners of the Marches, is an opportunity for personal and professional growth and stylistic depth that coincides with the celebrations of the tercentenary of Pergolesi. I have already had occasion to examine certain aspects of the University Pergolesi time with the late Professor Francis brilliant degradation, but go looking musicology at the musical performance is uplifting and practical source of reflection. In April I was approached for the first time - thanks to the suggestions Maestro Vincenzo De Vivo - two roles and I really like Pergolesi: Emirenus in some areas in Syria and in the Giustina Flaminio, performing "instrumental" in Pergolesi's vocal style is all in the service of the sung word, evocative and full "contrast" typically Baroque.
I worked the score with Maestro Morgan and by voice with Maestro Paul Barbacini. I opened an unknown world: the baroque. In fact, in the past I have approached the study of Purcell's Dido and crowning Monteverdi's Ottavia, and even performed the Gloria and Magnificat by Vivaldi, Pergolesi, but it is another world and still fascinates me, kidnap me. The music is sensual and evocative.

Now to dilute my thoughts of study, I put some pictures of the beautiful moments spent with colleagues from Project Curtain ... surely this post is not complete and will add more photos and thoughts.

outside the Teatro Pergolesi after a fun pizza party together


after Spontini concert at the Theater Curtain Project with colleagues,
the soprano Valeria Esposito - our teacher - and his little Lara

0 comments:

Post a Comment